Ecological Consulting Services
Assessing the natural resources and ecological landscape of your project site is no small task. Sorting through the complex maze of environmental policies, guidelines, and regulations can be daunting and time-consuming. Geo-Hydro's Ecology staff can lead you through the maze as we provide support and guidance every step of the way.
All Ecology staff members are trained in performing wetland delineations per the 1987 Corps of Engineers Delineation Manual and applicable regional supplements. In addition, all ecology staff members are trained in performing stream delineations and assessing stream conditions per the North Carolina Division of Water Quality’s (NC DWQ) Methodology for Identification of Intermittent and Perennial Streams and Their Origins, Version 4.11 (2010). Geo-Hydro is GDOT pre-qualified for area class 1.06e Ecology.
Geo-Hydro's Ecological services offered include:
- Field delineation of waters of the U.S.
- Collection of GPS field data for delineations
- Section 404 permitting for impacts to WOTUS
- Surveys for federally and state protected species
- Species relocation
- Determination of state and county/city stream buffer applicability
- Local government stream buffer variance applications
- Coordination with federal and state agencies
- Ecology reporting
- ArcGIS & Hydrologic Determinations in Tennessee